Hey, I’m Kaitlin. I’m new here, so I thought I’d take a quick second to introduce myself to you before I started writing. Maybe you’ve seen me on Anders’ Instagram before, or maybe you read Anders’ blog post about us joining forces. Either way, since Anders and I are sharing this website now, I wanted to let you know a little bit more about me!
I’m a California girl, born and raised in Los Angeles. I always loved food, but I didn’t start my food blog (@carnivorr) until I moved to New York for college. I studied Psychology at Barnard College of Columbia University, but after graduating decided to pursue a career in the food industry.
Fun Facts About Me!
- My spirit animal is a golden retriever.
- I used to have dreadlocks for four years.
- My favorite TV show is Friends.
- My favorite movie is When Harry Met Sally.
- My favorite musician is John Mayer.
- My least favorite things to eat are horseradish, wasabi, mustard, and licorice.
- My favorite things to eat are burgers, pizza, pastries, ice cream, and natural wine.
- I have briefly worked as a pastry chef and as a barista.
- The best thing I’ve ever eaten is the Emmy Burger in Brooklyn, New York. This is, without a doubt, the best burger in the world.
- My current favorite restaurant is Frantzén in Stockholm. This also happens to be where I had my first date with Anders.
- I’ve been to 29 countries in 25 years, and I’m just getting started!
- My favorite country is Italy. I spent three months living there last year working on a winery and a balsamic vinegar farm. This trip completely changed my life.
- My biggest inspiration was the late L.A. Times food critic, Jonathan Gold. In 2017, I reconnected with my hometown by eating at all of Jonathan Gold’s Best 101 Restaurants in L.A. in 101 days. Completing this project is one of my proudest accomplishments.
- Now, Anders and I pretty much live out of a suitcase, traveling the world as TasteHunters for The World’s 50 Best, always on the hunt to discover the most delicious food in every city we visit.
Thanks for welcoming me here! I’m looking forward to sharing the best restaurants Anders and I find on our travels.
Follow Us on Social Media YouTube Anders Husa & Kaitlin Orr Instagram @andershusa @carnivorr Facebook Anders Husa & Kaitlin Orr Join Our Food Community The HungriesBecome a Patron!