Experience the best of Stockholm on our exclusive food tour, showing you all of our favorite spots in Sweden’s capital! Thirteen lucky guests will get to join us for a long weekend of eating adventures – we’ll feast on Swedish meatballs, caviar, and Stockholm’s best burger. We’ll also visit the three-Michelin-starred restaurant Frantzén (which just so happens to be our favorite restaurant in the world) – we’ve booked the entire kitchen counter for our group! The grand finale will be a wild party at Punk Royale with caviar, vodka shots, fog machines, strobe lights, and total insanity. During the tour, we’ll stay together for three nights at the luxurious, five-star Hotel At Six.
Note: Spots on this food tour are reserved exclusively for members of our food community, The Hungries. Click here to join the club.
Thursday, September 29th
3pm: Arrive + Check-in to Hotel At Six.
Relax, recharge, and get ready for an unforgettable weekend! Hotel At Six is a modern five-star hotel in the heart of Stockholm. The stunning property has a rooftop terrace, a restaurant, an in-house bakery, and a state-of-the-art gym and spa with high-tech fitness machines, CrossFit equipment, and punching bags. Every guest has their own Standard Double Room with a king-size bed, a lounge area, and a private bathroom with luxurious amenities and a walk-in shower or bathtub. Have a spa treatment or relax in the sauna between meals, or grab a drink at one of the hotel’s two cocktail bars.
5:30pm: Welcome Party at Röda Huset.
We’re kicking off the food tour with creative cocktails and snacks at Röda Huset, where bartender Hampus Thunholm (formerly of Fäviken’s cocktail bar) crafts completely Nordic drinks, made with ingredients foraged in Sweden.
7:30pm: Dinner at Hantverket.
Our first dinner of the food tour will be Hantverket, one of our all-time favorite restaurants in Stockholm. Here, Swedish classics are reinvented with a modern twist. Chef Stefan Ekengren’s legendary twist on Hasselback potatoes (deep-fried and served with vendace roe and sour cream) is worth a visit alone. We’ll also indulge in struva (rosette cookies) with duck liver pâté, parmesan cheese, and port wine, and thinly sliced raw beef with Jerusalem artichoke, gruyère cheese, and hazelnuts.
Friday, September 30th
12pm: Lunch at Frantzén!
At last, the moment you’ve been waiting for – Frantzén! This is the headliner of our food tour, and with good reason. It’s Sweden’s first and only three-Michelin-starred restaurant – and, honestly, our favorite restaurant in the world. We’ll ride the elevator up to the luxurious lounge where we will start the experience, then we’ll head downstairs into the open kitchen, where we’ve booked the entire chef’s counter for our group! Legend has it that two crazy foodies once ate 99 of the brown butter madeleines in one visit… But the real question is, how many madeleines will the fifteen of us eat collectively?
6:30pm: Drinks and Snacks at Brasserie Astoria.
The Frantzén day continues with drinks and snacks at Björn Frantzén’s new casual eatery, Brasserie Astoria. The venue was formerly an old cinema, and now the lobby has been transformed into a fabulous cocktail bar. Here we’ll sip some of the best drinks in Stockholm, and when we’re feeling snacky later in the evening we’ll share some of their decadent pizzas topped with vendace roe and cream, and some fries with brown butter hollandaise.
Saturday, October 1st
1:00pm: Lunch at Operabaren.
Step inside Operabaren, and step back in time. The timeless venue (which is connected to the Michelin-starred Operakällaren) has hand-carved wood panels and a stunning stained glass ceiling. The menu of Swedish classics is the same as when they opened over a hundred years ago, and tourists and locals alike flock here for the Swedish meatballs.
7:00pm: Tour of Stockhoms Bränneri.
The Hungries are headed to Stockholms Bränneri for an exclusive tour and tasting of the gin and aquavit distillery. We’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at the production, and taste our way through some of their most popular products.
8:30pm: Dinner at Punk Royale.
For the last night of the food tour, we are going into full-on party mode at Punk Royale, Stockholm’s craziest dining experience! Let’s just say, we hope you like caviar! Because there’s going to be a lot of it. And vodka shots. And freaking delicious food, served in the most unlikely setting – with fog machines and strobe lights and dancing waiters. It will be a night to remember… but what happens at Punk, stays at Punk. #NoPhonesAllowed
Sunday, October 2nd
12pm: Check out of Hotel At Six.
1:30pm: Farewell burger party at the Funky Chicken Food Truck.
We’ll cure our hangovers with Stockholm’s best burgers – from the Funky Chicken Food Truck in Nacka Strand. They’re opening up just for The Hungries so we can have a private burger party! You’ll get to feast on some of the best smash burgers we’ve ever had, perfectly caramelized with a crispy edge and a juicy center.
PRICE: 24990 NOK / 18990 DKK / 25990 SEK / $2790 / €2490 per person
SPOTS AVAILABLE: SOLD OUT.
- All food on this itinerary!
- A three-night stay at the beautiful Hotel At Six.
- Transportation between the restaurants on the tour.
- Photos from the trip. Document as much as you want on your own phones and cameras, but rest assured that Anders will act as the group’s personal photographer for the weekend – so you can leave the camera at home if you’d prefer to live in the moment. At the end of the tour, we’ll give you access to a digital folder of photos from the weekend. Click here to see selected photos and a recap of our Best of Copenhagen food tour.
- Flights to and from Stockholm.
- Transportation to and from the airport.
- Beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic).
- Travel insurance.
- Incidental expenses.
The Fine Print:
- Oh yeah! That little thing called Covid… Right now, Sweden’s borders are open to all travelers regardless of vaccination. However, we advise you to be vaccinated against Covid-19 and bring proof of vaccination, in case of restrictions in Sweden at the time of the trip. You also may need to present a negative test to your airline before traveling. Please read up on the current travel restrictions and requirements before booking your trip. We can not take responsibility if you are denied entry into the country.
- The price of this trip is calculated for two guests to share a room at the hotel. If you are traveling solo and prefer a single room, an additional fee will apply.
- The full price of the tour is due at the time of booking to confirm your spot. In case of cancellation 60 days prior to the start of the trip, the full amount is refunded minus a cancellation fee of 5000 NOK per person. In case of cancellation less than 60 days prior to the start of the trip, only a 50% refund will be provided unless the spot is filled by another guest (in which case only the cancellation fee of 5000 NOK per person applies).
- We recommend contacting your insurance company for travel cancellation insurance.
- We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that may occur, or for any costs outside of what is highlighted in this itinerary.
This is an ad for our own food tour.