Experience the best of Los Angeles on our exclusive food tour, showing you all of our favorite spots in the City of Angels! Ten lucky guests will get to join us for a long weekend of eating adventures – we’ll feast on Los Angeles’ best tacos, best ice cream, best fried chicken, best pizza, and so much more. (L.A. is Kaitlin’s hometown, so you’re in the hands of an experienced local!) Soak up the California sun, and stay for three nights at the beautiful Beverly Terrace Hotel in West Hollywood.
Note: Spots on this food tour are reserved exclusively for members of our food community, The Hungries. Click here to join the club.
Thursday, January 27th
4pm: Arrive + check in to the Beverly Terrace Hotel.
Relax, recharge, and get ready for an unforgettable weekend! The Beverly Terrace Hotel is walking distance from luxury shopping on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills and bars on Sunset Boulevard in WeHo. The boutique hotel has a private garden courtyard, a restaurant and bar, and a rooftop terrace overlooking the star-studded streets of Los Angeles. Every guest has a Superior King Room with a King bed and private bathroom.
7pm: Dinner at Night + Market Weho.
Our first stop of the food tour will be Night + Market, one of our all-time favorite restaurants in Los Angeles. This is a Thai food and natural wine paradise, with one of the best (and funkiest!) wine lists in L.A. We love all of Chef Kris Yembamroong’s dishes, from the cold noodles, to the crispy rice salad, to the curries, and, of course, the world famous fried chicken.
Friday, January 28th
12pm: Taco crawl!
We’ll kick off day two with a taco crawl! Indulge in three completely different styles of tacos, first from Tacos 1986 where we will have Tijuana-style street tacos with marinated pork meat from the trompo; then at Sonoratown, whose Sonoran-style flour tortillas and grilled meat steal the show; and finally at Mariscos Jalisco, where we will have the tacos dorados de camarones, the signature crispy shrimp tacos. (Fun fact: this was one of Jonathan Gold’s favorite bites in L.A!)
7:30pm: Dinner at Bavel.
Ready for a Middle Eastern feast? We’re visiting chef Ori Menashe’s Arts District restaurant, Bavel. The flavors here are on fire, literally, thanks to the wood-burning oven. From the lamb neck shawarma to the oyster mushroom kebab to the ‘nduja hummus and pita, this is some of the punchiest food in L.A.
Saturday, January 29th
12pm: Lunch at Howlin’ Ray’s.
This Nashville-style chicken joint is one of the hottest places in L.A. – and we’re not just talking about the chicken. Howlin’ Ray’s can draw hours-long lines! But have no fear, we’re skipping the line so you can get your hands on the best hot chicken in Los Angeles. How much heat can you handle?!
1:30pm: Natural wine tasting at Melody.
We’re meeting up with L.A.’s coolest natural wine importer, Amy Atwood, for a natural wine tasting at Melody, a super cute restaurant and wine bar in Silver Lake. Come thirsty!
4pm: Ice cream at Salt & Straw.
Salt & Straw serves up extremely inventive flavors made with seasonal, local ingredients, like avocado toast, black olive brittle and goat cheese, and strawberry and coconut water sherbet. For Thanksgiving, they have an entire Thanksgiving menu in ice cream form, with flavors like candied turkey and mashed potato.
8pm: Dinner at Angler.
Chef Josh Skenes (formerly of Saison) opened Angler in Los Angeles a few years ago, and it instantly became one of our favorite restaurants in town. Get ready to sink your teeth into the banana pancakes topped with caviar, the fluffy Parker House rolls, and, of course, lots of fresh seafood.
Sunday, January 30th
11am: Check out of the Beverly Terrace Hotel.
11:30am: Farewell pizza party at Pizzana.
It’s not goodbye, it’s see you later! We’ll end our fantastic food weekend with our favorite pizza in L.A. Italian pizzaiolo Daniele Uditi grew up making pizza in Naples, but his restaurant Pizzana combines Italian tradition with American creativity. The Cacio e Pepe pizza with fior di latte and parmigiano crema is a must order, but don’t stop there. Chef Daniele’s vegetable and side dishes are just as incredible, with everything from polenta fries to pine nut “risotto” on the menu. Candace Nelson, the founder of Sprinkles Cupcakes, is in charge of the desserts here – so save room!
PRICE: $2290 / €1990 per person
SPOTS AVAILABLE: 2
- All meals on this itinerary!
- A natural wine tasting at Melody.
- A three-night stay at the beautiful Beverly Terrace Hotel.
- Transportation between the restaurants on the tour.
- Photos from the trip. Document as much as you want on your own phones and cameras, but rest assured that Anders will act as the group’s personal photographer for the weekend – so you can leave the camera at home if you’d prefer to live in the moment. At the end of the tour, we’ll give you access to a digital folder of photos from the weekend. Click here to see selected photos and a recap of our Best of Copenhagen food tour.
- Flights to and from Los Angeles.
- Transportation to and from the airport.
- Beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic).
- Travel insurance.
- Incidental expenses.
The Fine Print:
- Oh yeah! That little thing called Covid… Right now, America’s borders are open to vaccinated travelers. You also may need to present a negative test to your airline before traveling. Please read up on the current travel restrictions and requirements before booking your trip. We can not take responsibility if you are denied entry into the country.
- All guests must bring proof of vaccination. The restaurants included on this tour require guests sitting inside to be fully vaxxed, so please bring proof of this to show at each stop.
- The price of this trip is calculated for two guests to share a room at the hotel. If you are traveling solo and prefer a single room, an additional fee of $300 will apply.
- The full price of the tour is due at the time of booking to confirm your spot. In case of cancellation between 30 and 45 days prior to the start of the trip, the full amount is refunded minus a cancellation fee of $350 per person. In case of cancellation less than 30 days prior to the start of the trip, only a 50% refund will be provided unless the spot is filled by another guest (in which case only the cancellation fee of $350 per person applies).
- We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that may occur, or for any costs outside of what is highlighted in this itinerary.
This is an ad for our own food tour.